Strona korzysta z plików cookies w celu realizacji usług. Możesz określić warunki przechowywania lub dostępu do plików cookies klikając przycisk Ustawienia. Aby dowiedzieć się więcej zachęcamy do zapoznania się z Polityką Cookies oraz Polityką Prywatności.
Ustawienia

Szanujemy Twoją prywatność. Możesz zmienić ustawienia cookies lub zaakceptować je wszystkie. W dowolnym momencie możesz dokonać zmiany swoich ustawień.

Niezbędne pliki cookies służą do prawidłowego funkcjonowania strony internetowej i umożliwiają Ci komfortowe korzystanie z oferowanych przez nas usług.

Pliki cookies odpowiadają na podejmowane przez Ciebie działania w celu m.in. dostosowania Twoich ustawień preferencji prywatności, logowania czy wypełniania formularzy. Dzięki plikom cookies strona, z której korzystasz, może działać bez zakłóceń.

Więcej

Tego typu pliki cookies umożliwiają stronie internetowej zapamiętanie wprowadzonych przez Ciebie ustawień oraz personalizację określonych funkcjonalności czy prezentowanych treści.

Dzięki tym plikom cookies możemy zapewnić Ci większy komfort korzystania z funkcjonalności naszej strony poprzez dopasowanie jej do Twoich indywidualnych preferencji. Wyrażenie zgody na funkcjonalne i personalizacyjne pliki cookies gwarantuje dostępność większej ilości funkcji na stronie.

Więcej

Analityczne pliki cookies pomagają nam rozwijać się i dostosowywać do Twoich potrzeb.

Cookies analityczne pozwalają na uzyskanie informacji w zakresie wykorzystywania witryny internetowej, miejsca oraz częstotliwości, z jaką odwiedzane są nasze serwisy www. Dane pozwalają nam na ocenę naszych serwisów internetowych pod względem ich popularności wśród użytkowników. Zgromadzone informacje są przetwarzane w formie zanonimizowanej. Wyrażenie zgody na analityczne pliki cookies gwarantuje dostępność wszystkich funkcjonalności.

Więcej

Dzięki reklamowym plikom cookies prezentujemy Ci najciekawsze informacje i aktualności na stronach naszych partnerów.

Promocyjne pliki cookies służą do prezentowania Ci naszych komunikatów na podstawie analizy Twoich upodobań oraz Twoich zwyczajów dotyczących przeglądanej witryny internetowej. Treści promocyjne mogą pojawić się na stronach podmiotów trzecich lub firm będących naszymi partnerami oraz innych dostawców usług. Firmy te działają w charakterze pośredników prezentujących nasze treści w postaci wiadomości, ofert, komunikatów mediów społecznościowych.

Więcej
Czwartek, 29 lutego 2024
Imieniny: Lutosław, Roman, Teofil
pochmurno
9°C

tablice w języku angielskim

Z HISTORIĄ KU PRZYSZŁOŚCI

WITH HISTORY TO THE FUTURE

DZIEDZICTWO ZIEMI WIELEŃSKIEJ

COUNTY OF WIELEŃ HERITAGE

1. WIELEŃ MIASTO KRÓLEWSKIE I PRYWATNE - WIELEŃ ROYAL AND PRIVATE TOWN
Wieleń became private town in 1515. 
The family of Górka crest Łodzia, owners of Wieleń in 1515 – 1592.
Strenghten of the Wieleń's castle. Development of the Reformation.
The family of Czarnkowscy crest Nałęcz, owners of Wieleń in 1592 - 1607.
Retreat of the Reformation. Rapid development of settlement on the north of the Noteć river.
Zofia from the Herbut family crest Herbut Czarnkowska, owner of Wieleń in 1607 - 1631.
Construction of Wieleń’s new church.
The family of Kostka crest Dąbrowa, owners of Wieleń in 1631 - 1651.
Confirmation of municipal rights in 1642. Establishment of the Fowler Brotherhood in 1648.
The family of Grudzińscy crest Grzymała, owners of Wieleń in 1651 - 1683.
The foundation of the New Town in 1673.
The family of Opalińscy crest Łodzia, owners of Wieleń in 1684 - 1699.
The family of Sapieha crest Lis, the last Polish owners of Wieleń in years 1699 - 1789.
Construction of the palace in 1749 - 1789.
The German family of von Blanckensee purchased Wieleń estates in 1789 and ruled them until 1856.
Construction of the railway line from Krzyż to Piła in 1848 - 1850.
The German family of von Schulenburg acquired the Wieleń estate (Herschaft Filehne) in 1856.
These lands were in hands of the Schulenburgs until 1945.
 

2. WIELEŃ MIASTO I GMINA WIELU KULTUR - WIELEŃ CITY AND MUNICIPALITY OF MANY CULTURES

After the capture of the town of Wieleń by Bolesław Krzywousty in 1108/1109, the parish in Wieleń became center of Christian culture in the castellany, and later in Wieleń estates. In 1631 Zofia from the Herbut family founded a baroque parish church which still stands today. One of the most prominent figure, associated with Wieleń, was Father Antoni Józef Rontz who died in 1798. He was a parish priest, creator of inhabitants of the Wieleń region genealogy, unique in European scale.

The first mention about Jewish inhabitants cames from 1642. In the second half of the 18th and the first half of the 19th century Jews became the largest ethnic group in the city. In the 18th century they built a synagogue, which was completely destroyed during Second World War. A prominent place among the Jews born in Wieleń, occupies Moritz Lazarus, an outstanding psychologist and philosopher, one of founders of modern social psychology.

The 20th century is the time of mass migrations which also made its mark in Wieleń's region. After First World War most of German and Jewish population left the town. Their place was taken by the inhabitants who came from different parts of the reborn Poland and immigrants returning from all continents. However, the biggest changes in the local community took place after the Second World War. The settlers - repatriates from the eastern borderlands of the Second Polish Republic, replaced displaced German population enriching Wieleń's region, its culture, traditions, customs and religiosity.


3. WIELEŃ CENTRUM ADMINISTRACYJNE ZIEMI WIELEŃSKIEJ - WIELEŃ ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER of WIELEŃ’s REGION
THE CASTLE 

In the winter of 1108/1109, after the long siege, Duke Bolesław Krzywousty won, defended by Pomeranians, castle Velun (Wieleń) on the Noteć river. Bolesław strengthened the city in order to keep it in his hands, and after providing it with necessary resources, he set up his own knights there.

Gallus Anonymous, Polish Chronicle

WIELEŃ CASTELLANY

The first mention about Wieleń Castellany comes from 1213. It defended the north-west outskirts of Greater Poland together with the neighbouring castellanies from Drezdenko and Czarnków. In 1298 Wincenty from Szamotuły, the last castellan, became a private tenant by granting from Władysław Łokietek.

HEADQUATER OF ROYAL GOVERNOR

Around the middle of 14th century building of the castle and granting city rights proved the importance of Wieleñ for Kazimierz Wielki monarchy. All these cities and castles surrounded by the very strong walls, houses and high towers, extremely deep ditches and other defensive devices as an ornament for the nation, for shelter and protection of Kingdom of Poland. 

Janko from Czarnków, The Chronicle

THE CASTLE – HEADQUATERS OF WIELEŃ ESTATES OWNERS

In 1515 Łukasz Górka became an owner of the Wieleń - Wronki estatesby exchanging it with Zygmunt Stary. Górka and his successors maintained the castle in Wieleń in state enabling the administration and defence of their property and the border between Poland and Brandenburg.

THE SAPIEHA PALACE

On the ruins of destroyed during the "Swedish Deluge" castle, the last Polish owners - Sapiehas - built a magnificent residence. After the sale of estates, palace became the seat of the German families of von Blanckensee and von Schulenburg, in whose possession it was until 1945.

HISTORICAL HEADQUATERS OF LOCAL AUTHORITIES

In 1835, Wieleń received a new municipal ordinance. It ceased to be private property. Municipal goverment gained more ability to decide about the most important matters of the city and its inhabitants. The magistrate, seat of the local authorities, was town administrative center.

HISTORICAL SEAT OF WIELEŃ COUNTY AUTHORITIES

In 1887, Wieleń became the administrative center of the Wieleń county. The seat of the starosty was built eight years later. Wieleń maintained status of a district town until 1919. After the lands laid on the south of Noteć river were returned to Poland, they, together with the city, were included into the Czarnków county.

THE HEADQUATERS OF CITY AND COMMUNE OF WIELEŃ

From 1975, Wieleń was the seat of commune authorities belonging to Piła voivodship, and from 1999 it is province of Greater Poland. It has the largest area in the Greater Poland voivodship. City hall is located in former district and regional court building.

Z HISTORIĄ KU PRZYSZŁOŚCI

WITH HISTORY TO THE FUTURE

KRAJOBRAZ WOKÓŁ NAS – DOLINA NOTECI

LANDSCAPE AROUND US - THE NOTEĆ VALLEY

 

WHAT IS A HERITAGE?

The Noteć Valley (with an area of 50532 hectares) is a heritage. It's Noteć river together with quay, meadows, fields and Puszcza Notecka (Noteć Forest).
It covers a part of Toruń - Eberswald ice-marginal valley from western suburbs of Bydgoszcz on the east to Wieleń on the west. The largest area of Noteć Valley is covered by meadows and brush habitats. The riparian forests upon Noteć river are fragments of an 50 km long ice-marginal valley, being a mosaic of oxbow lakes, boggy meadows, riparian forests, alder forests, willows and former post-pits. The valley plays a key role as one of the main bird migration areas in Poland.
Noteć has served various functions over the centuries. It used to concentrate economically vibrant center of Wieleń, but also marked state border. Later, city "moved away" from the river, and all the values which those territories brought to local development were forgotten, losing significant importance in undertaking socio-economic tasks. Puszcza Notecka (The Noteć Forest) also known as a Nadnotecka (117,6 thousand hectares) is a compact forest complex that is one of the largest area of dunes covered with firm pine forests in Europe. In the forest there is "Wilcze Błoto" (Wolves Mud) Sanctuary with marsh and peat bog plants under species protection.

WHAT VALUES IT PROVIDES?

This area is unique, it shows variety and beauty of nature, which evokes emotions. At the same time it contributes to sense of identity and the age-old relationship of local residents with surrounding nature. It teaches how to live in harmony with nature, fortitude and sustainable use of available resources. it also teaches humility against difficulties related to natural forces, loss of independence. Settlement and multiculturalism not only enriches history of this land,
but also it's a lesson of cooperation, tolerance and respect for other people, their efforts and toil undertaken.

WHAT DOES IT SAY?

The Noteć Valley keeps treasures from distant centuries. Archeological works carried out here may indicate fifth period of Bronze Age, which is 8th - 7th century BC. Excavations confirms that it was area of large settlements since ancient times, which already in the younger Bronze Age played significant role in contacts between people living in Baltic Sea basin and southern Europe. The valley talks about its ancestors, town, about our Little Homeland from the beginning of Wieleń Stronghold establishment, through ages, with deeply entrenched Polish spirit. It shows relationship between settlement and natural, life-friendly geographic and evironmental conditions. The Noteć Valley has also huge variety of under protection plants, rare species of birds and fish in the waters. The Noteć Valley is a part of Natura 2000 area, where there are Bird Protection Special Areas and Habitats Conservation Special Areas.

HOW CAN IT HELP US?

The Noteć Boulevards in Wieleń with logo in commune colours "The City and Commune of Wieleń, the Best from Nature" is one of the four investment tasks as a part of revitalisation projects (ends in 2022). Boulevards displays resources characteristic to Noteć Valley - an ornithological and natural park, Noteć river plants and historical path. The boulevards (487 meters long) with strenghtened Noteć banks (which is a section of E70 waterway, Great Waterway Loop of Greater Poland), make vessels docking possible. Walking and cycling routes, modern playground, public space and use of water tourism resources, create coherent complex for recreation, education and development of active tourism. This place, due to its uniqueness and atractiveness is an asset in Wieleń Commune promotion. It also emphasizes high level of tourism potential including variety of natural, landscape and cultural values. The boulevards creates new spaces for gastronomic and accomodation base, and have an impact on, enabling recreation throughout the commune, necessary infrastructure development. The past as well as the present times constantly shows, that even today, differences may be beautiful by taking up common actions for this Land development.
The Noteć Valley is a place for everyone.

Z HISTORIĄ KU PRZYSZŁOŚCI

WITH HISTORY TO THE FUTURE

UKŁAD I ROZPLANOWANIE ULIC W WIELENIU – STARE I NOWE MIASTO

LAYOUT AND STREETS ARRANGEMENT IN WIELEŃ - OLD AND NEW TOWN

 

WHAT IS A HERITAGE?

Wieleń's urban layout is entered into Register of Monuments (A-671) and includes area of Old and New Town plus manor and park complex in Ostrowo. Wieleń is located on the island formed by forks of Old and actual Noteć river. Town of Wieleń developed from border hillfort between Poland and Pomerania, situated at the Noteć river crossing. The stronghold was probably built as the same time as other close to Noteć castles, which is 10th/11th century. Location of original Wieleń stronghold is unknown. Wieleń (Castrum Velun) was mentioned for the first time in Gallus Anonymous chronicle. Also Jan Długosz mentions about it when describing Bolesław Krzywousty battles in the Noteć area (1108 - 1109). Based on these, Town of Wieleń Jubilees are celebrated. There was a customs house and market settlement in 13th century here, which today, oval shape resembling place, can still be seen. North - South communication axis could be determined in line with today's Kościuszko street and its extensions towards north and south. Transverse streets were created over the years, dividing the entire city into building blocks.  Wieleń was mentioned as a town in the mid-14th century. The probable date of Wieleń beginnings is 1348, which is related to diary notes from Kazimierz Wielki times, where "the castrum" (stronghold) dissapears and the name Wieleń appears. City spatial development began in the Middle Ages (The Old Town) and went on in the modern period (The New Town was founded in 1673). Manor and park complex called Ostrowo was suburb of Wieleń in historical times (today it's complex of nursing homes led by Franciscan Sisters of the Mary Family Congregation in Wieleń).

WHAT VALUES IT PROVIDES?

Structure of Old Town in Wieleń has historical value since Middle Ages. It's also extended by a New Town in modern period. Modifications that took place in the meantime were limited to its regulations, but without interfering with spatial transformations. It's the city center nowadays. There was an inn here originally but later bus stop was built in this place. Unique character of layout and street arrangement in the area of Old and New Town has specific and rare tourist potential, which plays a key role of city development, tourism and other various form of active recreation. 

WHAT DOES IT SAY?

Story of Wieleń from the stronghold to present day is recorded in history, city layout and street arrangements. It shows Wieleń as a town of distinct area of direct river influence, that appeals in favour of original commercial and shipping features. It had, and still has, great importance for harmonious development and trade. Characteristics of retail and commercial city, with the river flowing through the center, is rare, which is exposed while taking any social and economic initiatives and Wieleń Town and Commune tourist offer preparation.  

HOW CAN IT HELP US?

Knowledge and usage of the city's standed out natural assets are requirements for effective promotions and further local development with modern technologies usage. "Przystanek Edukacja" (Education Stopover) is one of four investment tasks under the WRPO 2014-2020 revitalisation projects (ends in 2022). It was planned in Kościuszko Street. A glass-frame designed pavilon allows seeing the courtyard. Yard and terrace with multifunctional space (projection screen, information boards, stands) allows socio-cultural activities, which in the direct neighbourhood of highly trafficked road, are in favour of cultural activation, residents integration and restoration of gastronomic and services premises in this part of the city. It's city information center in form of "Przystanek Edukacja" cafe. in its offer, apart from gastronomic service, there is an information point called "Przedsiębiorczy Wieleń" (Enterprising Wieleń), which apart from promoting the city, history and culture helps in developing own initiatives. Reinforced concrete arcades maintain continuation of the frontage in an eclectic arches as a reference to the original buildings. The arches were taken from the facade from the neighbouring tenement house. Due to the height of the existing buildings, the line was adjusted and supplemented to its height, cornice and ridge. The investment is a modern buckle connecting The Old and New Town, while maintaining current layout and city arrangement. "Przystanek Edukacja" integrates and engages people, being an atractive place to visit. 

Z HISTORIĄ KU PRZYSZŁOŚCI
WITH HISTORY TO THE FUTURE 
UKŁAD PRZESTRZENNY – NOWE MIASTO W WIELENIU 
SPATIAL LAYOUT - THE NEW TOWN IN WIELEŃ

 

WHAT IS A HERITAGE?

The New Town is a heritage. In 1673, owner of Wieleń, Stefan Adam Grudziński, Lord of the Crown, established so-called New Town.  New complex was composed between Old Noteć current and Old Town. Both parts of the city were governed under the same law.  In 1673 Wieleń was one of the most industrialized cities in Greater Poland. About 30% of population was employed in textile industry. Such large amount of textile industry required specific location related to water, so new complex was created as an irregular shape cut by streets leading towards the water. Despite its irregularities, the New Town character was thoroughly modern. The market square shows the features of baroque buildings. It consist of two interconnected squares. Kościelna Street became the shortest rectangular connection with main City Market Square. Complex of squares was also connected with main street by three other connections. Streets leading towards Noteć river met also fire protection functions. After New Town was marked out, to increase its meaning and speed up economic development, cattle fairs were moved to its markets. The first Evangelical church in New Town square was built after 1680. An evangelical school and presbitery were built at the same time, but great fire of 1783 destroyed these objects. New Evangelical church was erected in 1786. It was consumed by fire in 1977. The outline of this church foundations was marked on the slab of revitalised New Town in 2020. A firehouse with equipment was built in the New Town in 1886 and a wooden climbing wall for exercises and for drying hoses a little later. Climbing wall was pulled down before Second World War. However fire station survived until 1956. Trade was restarted in the New Town Square in the first years of reborn local goverment. 

WHAT VALUES IT PROVIDES?

From the mid-17th century, that is, from the moment of its creation, New Town was mainly designed to fulfill economic functions. At that time, The Grudziński family issued privileges, which favored the arrival of Protestants, in order to increase population and to rise life standards in the cities they managed, including Wieleń. The New Town has become place where, over the years, members of various nationalities have lived and worked together respecting each other individuality and maintaining identity. Friendly conditions, power of diversity and mutual respect affected dinamic development of the city as vibrant economic center in Greater Poland. Its central location, accessibility, unique geographic and natural values including proximity of the river, are advantages, which thanks to its uniqueness, allow to undertake and develop various local initiatives of socio-economic nature. It also builds an attractive and competetive offer of services and trade on a wider market.

WHAT DOES IT SAY?

New Town in Wieleń tells about socio-economic achievements of generations and about the impact of decision-making on reached results. Rich history and present times show different fortune of this place and activities, which influence development of the entire city. It shows results achieved, role and importance of continual improvement of held resources as well. New Town fits in with the symbolism of "The Tree" from eternal Puszcza Notecka staying in harmony with local goverment aspirations in socio-economic field:
1. Strenghten roots in the ground (manage honestly, look for ideas how to maximize use of resources and own possibilities);
2. Expand splendid branches (plan, set new goals, develop own business by looking for new partners and opportunities);
3. Bloom with fruit (get the best possible results, constantly improving technologies and conditions, acquiring new customers and markets);
4. Achieve highest growth (feel satisfaction in presonal and professional life, be happy with achievements, be kind to people).

HOW CAN IT HELP US?

"New Town anew" in Wieleń is one of four investment tasks under the WRPO 2014-2020 revitalisation projects (ended in 2020). Additionally, other investments from Wieleń commune funds and co-financing from PROW 2014-2020 were carried out here. New Town exposes socio-economic functions in relation to current needs as well as history and the best times associated with this place. The new public functional place includes among others: modern lighting, roads, parking lots, marketplace, recreational and historical part. This place is multifunctional. It can be used for various types of economic, promotional, recreational and educational projects. At the same time, New Town, while maintaining beauty and story of the place, has once again become a modern and practical city center, which in connection with Boulevards and "Education Stopover" creates atractive conditions for development of tourism, agritourism, trade, services and recreation. 

Z HISTORIĄ KU PRZYSZŁOŚCI

WITH HISTORY TO THE FUTURE

ZESPÓŁ DWORSKO - FOLWARCZNY – ARNTOWO 

MANOR AND FARM COMPLEX - ARNTOWO

 

WHAT IS A HERITAGE?

The manor and farm complex "Arntowo" in Wieleń, included in the list of immovable monuments kept by the Provincial Conservator of Monuments, is entered in the Municipal Register of Monuments. This complex includes: neo-baroque style mansion (currently the seat of School Complex in Wieleń at Drawska Street 1), granary (administrative building now), barn (it used to be a warehouse, now it's Media Library), farm workers house (currently residential building at Jaryńska Street), outhouse in the complex at Jaryńska Street. All buildings were built in 1890s and over the years were successively adapted for public purposes. After World War II, complex (with exceptions of residential buildings) was used as a wicker plant, which ended its activity in the 90s of 20th century and was sold to private owner. On May 15, 2002, the property with an area of 51758 square meters was repurchased by Commune for public purposes, including School Complex needs (in the accordance with Resolution No. 433/XXXIX/02 of the Town Coulcil in Wieleń, January 31, 2002) for the amount of 380000 PLN. On September 1, 2002, the first in post-war history of Wieleń, newly established High School with graduating, began operating in the building of former manor house. It functions until now as a School Complex run by Wieleń Commune on the basis of an agreement concluded with Czarnków-Trzcianka District. From 2002, the building of former barn was rented as a furniture warehouse. In 2010-2014, idea of selling it appeared, which could ruin manor and park complex. Eventually, this conclusion failed. From 2020 to 2022, revitalisation of this building was carried out, adapting it to Media Library. It remains under the structures of Noteć Cultural Center in Wieleń organisationally, as well as, full-size sports and entertainment venue, opened in 2017.

WHAT VALUES IT PROVIDES?

Well preserved manor and farm complex from the second half of 19th century together with park containig old trees is unique. Only 2800 mansions survived in territory of today's Poland. This assumption, due to its rarity, is interesting for tourists and important for scientists. For local people it reminds about their own history, emphasizes beauty of architecture and highlights manor buildings layout specification. 

WHAT DOES IT SAY?

This place is a story about ancestors living in Wieleń in the second half of 19th century.  It's a "living" illustration of Wieleń's manor and farm complex fate.  

HOW CAN IT HELP US?

Revitalisation saved manor and farm complex "Arntowo" by preserving manor house with buildings, its beauty, and giving functionality to a place, which is common space for everyday life. Media Library in Wieleń is one of four investment tasks under WRPO 2014-2020 revitalisation projects (ends in 2022). This task is based on building that was originally a barn in the complex. It's the last object in here that hasn't been renovated so far. Adapted facility includes: Cinema around the corner, Library of the 21st century, Modern Technologies Laboratory (among them SOWA - located in the northern part of the city - Discovery, Imagination and Activity Zone - the Ministry of National Education project co-financed by Copernicus Science Center), Multi-generational Cooperation Center, Family Support Center (with psychologist's office), cafe, administrative, social and technical premises. The cinema expands available cultural offer. Adapting the facility for disabled people will allow City and Commune residents to participate in cultural life. Modern Technologies Studio will expand educational offer of cultural institutions. Thanks to Multi-generational Cooperation Center residents will be able to implement their own ideas for benefit of local community. Psychological counseling is intended for parents and caretakers. Residents will gain an attractive facility, allowing, among others, for pleasant leisure activities. 


Dziękujemy, teraz zawsze będziesz na bieżąco!
Przeglądasz tę stronę w trybie offline.
Przeglądasz tę stronę w trybie online.